Alien Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesMusicRegisterLog in

Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PUREVENOM

Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool  Empty
PostSubject: Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool    Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool  EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I've tried repeatedly to install XSI 7.5 and XSI 6.0 with no luck at all. I'm running 64 bit Windows 7. Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a way to install it?

This is the error that I get when I try to install: Error 0x80040707 DLL function call crashed: gdi32.DescribePixelFormat
Back to top Go down
ZombiesRus5

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool    Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool  EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Unfortunately I'm running Windows 7/64 and have not encountered that error.
Back to top Go down
PUREVENOM

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool    Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:33 am

Are you using the free or paid version? As I understand it, the paid version doesn't encounter this problem.
Back to top Go down
Zer0

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool    Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:01 am

You may be missing some dll. files. I know with windows 7 they left a few out. Ones that I have had to put in to get various programs to function include some d3dx9 __ .dll file, can't remember the number sorry. Also
Msvcp71.dll-And-Msvcr71.dll-files.

Could be worth a look at IDK. Zombies would probable know more about these sorts a things.
Back to top Go down
PUREVENOM

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool    Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:28 pm

I was able to get XSI installed today while in safe mode. However during installation, a message popped up telling me that it did not detect an OpenGL accelerator board on my machine. I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics card and after checking, it DOES have OpenGL installed and active. Unfortunately, after during a few searches on the web, I found that many people have had conflicts with XSI while using ATI graphics cards. So I'm not sure how this will effect anything when I try using XSI. This is a brand new machine. I paid over a grand just for the tower. It's a Gateway FX with an Intel Core i7 (8 processors), 8 gigs of Ram (expandable to 16 gigs), and a one terabyte hard drive. (It's built as a gaming computer) It came with the HD graphics and sound cards. I do have a good Nvidia card, but don't really want to go messing around with this tower too much considering what I paid for it. For now, I'm just going try it out and see what happens. With any luck, all will go well. Then it's just a matter of learning how to model.
Back to top Go down
Zer0

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool    Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:35 pm

I don't know a hell of a lot about Raedon cards, but with Nvidia it is necessary to download and install drivers. Go to the Raedon site or just google "Raedon drivers". I think your getting close to finding a solution.

Also the Autodesk site may have some info on what drivers are needed to run thier programs with various graphics cards.

best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool    Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool  Empty

Back to top Go down

Cannot Install XSI Mod Tool
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alien Nation :: AN Mod Development :: General Game and Mod Discussion-
Jump to: